Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 2-Po' Boys and Jambalaya!

Weds, Sept 8

My parents picked us up in New Orleans and took us to breakfast at the Camellia Grill, a cool old-school diner. Then we went to Decatur Street so Emma could see the French Quarter. Things were jammed up a bit because they had a big stage set up for some NFL kickoff event, but we did walk around Jackson Square for a little while.
In Baton Rouge, we had lunch at Rocco's (shrimp poboys) and caught up on emails while my parents finished setting up for the house show. Around 6 people started showing up, including my sister’s family, aunts and uncles, and some friends of theirs that I hadn’t yet met. There were about 8 or so kids in attendance, and their attention waned after about 45 minutes of music - I thought that was actually pretty good! The rest of the night was chatting, eating jambalaya, and signing CDs.

No comments:

Post a Comment