Saturday, September 18, 2010

Day 8 - Coney Island and Open Mics


Tues, Sept 14

Bryan:
I spent the morning trying to contact JetBlue's baggage department to find my pedal steel legs - I kept getting the voicemail. Emma and I decided to go to Coney Island and check that out, since neither of us had been. It was really cool, even though the amusement park stuff was closed since it's after Labor Day. I did get a hot dog at the original Nathan's, and you know what? It was really good.



Finally I got someone on the phone from JetBlue, and it turned out they had the legs there in the office. By this time it was getting late in the day, so I had to take the subway back out to JFK airport to ensure I got the legs in time for the show. They were really nice about it and even gave me a a $30 credit since I had to come back to the airport.

Paul and Katie had some awesome Kuskokwim salmon prepared for dinner, which we wolfed down before heading back to the subway to go to our show at Googie's Lounge. The show was fun, and then we headed back over to Park Slope to check out this open mic at Bar Four. We did two songs, which went over well, and we got to hear some really good singer/songwriters, including Paul.

Emma:
Coney Island was great. Walking down the boardwalk in the sun, dipping our feet in the Atlantic, gazing at the wonder wheel. I definitely skipped out on the hot dog, but we went a little later to get Indian for lunch and that had me quite pleased. I got the veggie korma, my fav.

Dealing with gear and public transportation was hectic, but I always love riding the subway and getting to appreciate its convenience. Bryan and I shared headphones and listened to TBTL on the way back from Coney Island. We even did the shoulders only dance!

I'm really glad Paul told us about the Bar 4 open mic. The energy was really great in there, and a wonderful way to end our time in New York.

No comments:

Post a Comment