Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Day 5-Leonard Cohen and Blowjobs

Sat, Sept 11

After a nice morning with Liz and crew, we flew to Dulles Airport (Washington, DC), thankfully a direct flight this time. We picked up a rental car and headed to Baltimore, where my high school chum Mike Vandercook had a show for us. He’s the creative technical director for a play called I Am the Machine Gunner, directed by David White and translated from Russian.
It’s an hour-long, one-man show (with amazing actor James Knight), and if I could describe it in one word it would be INTENSE...I don’t want to give anything away, so if you’re in Chicago or San Diego, go see the show when it comes through. We played the after party for the show, which included wine, birthday cake, and Mike’s homemade gumbo! Another high school friend, Mary Slayter, made the trip to hang out too.

Then we headed to Dave and Rebecca’s for the after-after party, which was a total blast. Hanging out with a theater crew after their show is an experience not to be missed - the G&T’s were flowing, and they’ve all got such great stories. I felt like we had found our “people,” so to speak. I talked Emma into getting our her guitar, and we did a few songs right there in the kitchen, including some of the more lyrically-oriented ones that may not have been heard so well at the raucous after party.
-Bryan

I do have to add a short story to explain the title of this blog. Leonard Cohen has been a big part of conversations so far on this tour. He's my fav! That night blowjobs were entered into the same convo and I just couldn't help myself. That's all. What an awesome night!
-Emma

No comments:

Post a Comment